Caring For Students - Supporting Families


Supporting Families




Resourceful Adolescent Program for Parents


Being a parent of a pre-teen or teenager is enjoyable, challenging and demanding!

It is a time of big challenges as our children are starting the move from being children to becoming adults.

They may face challenges like:

  • Learning to be independent while still feeling the security of home
  • Becoming their own person and feeling good about themselves.

To help support you and your teen with these and other challenges that you may encounter as a parent, RAPT (Reconnecting Adolescents and Parents Team) and Evolution Youth Service present:-


A program for parents of teenage and pre-teenage children which is designed to help parents help their children get through their teenage years safely and happily.

RAP-P will help me:

  • Help my teenager to develop healthy self-esteem
  • To gain independence while still feeling safe and part of the family
  • Manage my stress so I can do my best job as a parent
  • Prevent and manage conflict with my teen
  • Promote harmony in my family.

A range of services is available to support families, including translation and interpreter services, adult education, adult English programs and telephone counselling services.

Parent information

Parent information that is relevant for your child's education is available in English and other community languages.


The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages see 

school counselling service.

Free telephone counselling services (outside of the education system) are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.

Lifeline - a 24 hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.

Mensline Australia - 24 hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978. 

Parent line - a toll free 24 hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.

Interpreter service

Parents and carers who don't speak English well and deaf parents and carers who use sign language, can get assistance from the telephone interpreter service. An interpreter can be requested for school matters involving your child such as enrolment, subject choice, educational progress, attendance, welfare or behaviour. Interpreters can also be requested for parent-teacher interviews, school meetings, school council meetings, and parents and citizens meetings.

The telephone number to call is 131 450. Ask for an interpreter for the required language and the interpreter will call our school and stay on the line to assist you with your conversation. You will not be charged for this service. Parents and carers who need an interpreter to attend a school meeting should let us know.

Adult education